November Challenge : 30 dishes in 30 days


A year ago I took a couple of cookery courses (Italian, French & Thai) & these helped me to broaden my cooking horizons somewhat.

I like to cook but I think that I lack cooking confidence....I need to be more adventurous.

So....in a bid to accomplish this, this month I am setting myself a 
"30 Dishes in 30 Days
challenge for November.

Cooking 30 dishes that I have never cooked before - they will range from main courses to side dishes to desserts & will also be seasonal - some delicious stews, soups & pies.

I have chosen around 15 of the dishes already & have others in mind.

When I did my cookery courses last year, the lovely people at Philips very kindly sent me the most amazing food processor, so I'll be making full use of that....
and I am also trying out the fabulous Vitamix Total Nutrition Center which can be used to make everything from peanut butter to ice cream to soup.

If you have a great recipe that you'd like to share, feel free to let me know or send me a link.
    My family eats pretty much anything & we don't have any allergies.


I spent yesterday browsing our extensive collection of recipe books (some of them seemingly untouched!) , stocking up my fridge & food cupboards & cannot wait to get cooking. My daughter is also going to join in the challenge, she's chosen five dishes and will try them out throughout the month.   

Now I just need to decide what to cook first :) 

Want to join me?
My plan is below....let me know if you want to join me, I'd love that!
The only rule is that it has to be a dish you've never cooked before. 
You could adapt some of the choices if you're not heading into winter like I am :)

  

11 comments:

  1. Good luck - I've always wanted to set myself a challenge like this - if only to get myself out of my comfort zone of around 10 rotating meals! I too LOVE to cook, but I only seem to experiment if we have house guests coming. Otherwise, my poor family put up with the same old meals, even though I own about a zillion cookery books, and love nothing better than having a browse before bed. Baking on the other hand, I'm getting VERY adventurous at - it's just a shame that we can't have Victoria sponge cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
    I look forward to seeing how your month pans out.
    best wishes,
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Simone! And, you have the committment to make it work, I know. If I cooked for 30 days straight and didn't get to go out to dinner we would all pass out. But, maybe not just main courses, right?
    I'll send you a recipe that everyone who has ever eaten it fell in love...and it's simply, but divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a good idea...I need some new recipes ;-)
    Good luck with your challenge; it's the perfect time of year for stews and soups...ooh, I'm getting hungry; Nigella where are you??
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about everything you cook! Great challenge for you! You can definitely do it! The Vitamix recipes are really good, quick and easy as I make a lot of those! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm going to try & join you. I also have too many cookbooks but only make the same old meals. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Sim! You certainly love a challenge. I think it's quite a difficult challenge (as I know I have some days when I just don't want to cook despite loving to cook). I can't wait to see how you get on.I'll have a look through my recipe stash and see what I can send you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea Simone ~ it would take lots of planning and shopping but so much fun. Can't wait to see and hear what you make. Would love to do it in February maybe ~ I think I will put it on my to do list for the new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea, Simone! Think I'll put this on my iPhone for inspiration this month. We all need a little bit of a giddy-up every now and then. Can't wait to discover some new dishes with you. Meredy xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sounds like a fun challenge. hehe..i really should branch out in my cooking. i'm always making the same things but then again i do like them. it's hard to try new things with food...so i applaud you. good luck. happy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great challenge...look forward to seeing all the delicious receipes...good luck and have fun! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great challenge...look forward to seeing all the delicious receipes...good luck and have fun! Sue

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger